Recently, I conducted a practice interview a military officer preparing to transition into the civilian workforce.
As with most interviews, the first question I asked was “Tell Me About Yourself.” Many interviews start with this and it’s a question many job seekers find challenging. Listen to this individual’s answer and assess it for the following:
- Did the individual answer the question asked?
- Was the answer clear and easy to follow?
- Was the answer concise?
- Was the content appropriate, too detailed or not detailed enough?
- Did the answer create a professional image?
- What do you think the individual should have done differently?
Listen to the Answer
Tomorrow’s posting will have my assessment of job seeker’s answer.